Last weekend I hosted my first Favorite Things Party. It was a lot of fun. Here are the *logistics of a favorite things party in case you are wondering....
1. Invite several friends....you will need at least 5 people to come to the party.
2. In the invite you tell everyone to bring their favorite thing under $6...and they bring 5 of that item.
3. I asked everyone to wrap their gift up in a cute way...who doesn't love a cute little package to unwrap?
4. Buy a lot of wine and a lot of yummy snacks!
5. When everyone gets to your house have them write their name down 5 times on pieces of paper and put them in a jar.
6. Once everyone is there and their bellies are full...pass the jar with all the names around the room.
7. Everyone will draw 5 names (no repeats and not their own name)....the 5 names you draw are who gets your favorite thing.
8. Go around the room one at a time, pass out your gift and explain why that is your favorite thing....
*There are several ways to do go about having your favorite things party...I chose to do it this way. Some bloggers have talked about how they do not wrap the gifts but set them on a table and you draw a number and you essentially get to "shop" for the 5 items you would like. I chose not to do it this way so that feelings would not be hurt if your favorite thing wasn't highly desired....and if you are the last person to "shop" it seems kind of unfair!
We had so much fun! It was a great alternative to ladies night out...and I hope to continue with this theme a couple of times a year.
Some favorite things that people brought....
Lotion, favorite headband, favorite cooking utensil, earrings, Poopourri, Eye make-up remover, soup in a jar, Chapstick, nailpolish....all really wonderful things!
Here are some pictures from our evening...