Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hey, I am busy!

I know....I have been very BAD about posting lately...but we are busy over here! We have had a lot going on the past weeks, and Ijust haven't had the time, and when I did, I didn't want to blog. So here I am, finally playing catch up.
    For starters... My dad, who is EXTREMELY HEALTHY/FIT, had a MAJOR heart attack about 4 weeks ago. It was extremely scary, the doctors are telling us he is LUCKY to be alive. It was very serious and they didn't think he would make it through his surgery. Let me start from the beginning...I got a call from my mom, that I almost hit ignore on (sorry mom but it is the truth) but for some reason I picked up. My mom said something along the lines of "this is not a good call" she informed me that Dad had a heart attack and was at Kaiser but they were transporting him to a different hospital. So I met her at the other hospital...we waited...and waited...and waited, finally a surgeon came out to tell us that they were going to have to do surgery immediately. They tried to put two stints in but those were not helping at all. He had 4 blocked arteries, two at 100% and 2 at 80%...very serious. The surgeon made it clear that it was very serious and very urgent. He went into surgery moments later. After a few hours the surgeon came to tell us the surgery was over and that we could see him. That was hard. He looked  lifeless and so UNLIKE my dad. The next few days were hard. He had a nurse that worked on him 24 hours a day and visiting him was rough. He was in a lot of pain, and it was scary, but eventually he was able to move out of CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit), then days after that he was allowed to go home. He is doing much better and will recover 100%! So thankful to have my daddy!!!! Please keep him in your prayers though!!!
And to other news (not really sure what an appropriate transition would be)....
    School has been going great for me. I love my students this year, like I do every year, and I cannot wait to see how much they progress over the months. I have a few challenges this year, but I love challenges and I am excited to overcome them. It is so wonderful waking up in the morning and wanting to go to work. I do not dread going to work, and that is a true blessing! I did have my gall bladder removed, the surgery went well and I was back on my feet the very next day...thanks to some good meds!!! I am glad to have that problem taken care of...however I am not happy with the hospital bill I am about to receive...we have good insurance, but it will still be pricey, not fun! The weekend after my surgery I decided to go to the fabric store to get started on Benjamin's Halloween costume. He is going to be an Elephant...which turns out to be the hardest costume EVER to make!!! It has been a lengthy process, but overall I am enjoying sewing it. I am not finished and probably will not be for a couple of weeks...but it WILL be done before Halloween...I think ;)
   Ben has been going to preschool for a few weeks now. He only goes once a week but is having a lot of fun. He does cry when I leave him, but they tell me that only lasts a few moments. He will not eat the lunch they give him, but this is no surprise...sometimes he doesn't eat...I have just gotten used to that. He has been assessed and his teacher was impressed that he knew his letters and shapes and is doing very well on his counting!! GO BENJAMIN!!! He has been testing us lately, but he is such a happy little guy. So sweet too, he loves to give us hugs and kisses! He is also really into singing...his favorites are Jesus loves me, Take me out to the ball game and Twinkle, twinkle little star. So cute! He also loves his baby brother!!!!
  Sullivan is growing like a weed! He is now eating solid food two times a day. He has breakfast (bananas and oatmeal) and dinner (carrots and applesauce). He is liking solid foods, and we will introduce green beans next. He has also decided that he doesn't want to nurse anymore! He take a bottle just fine, but nursing he is OVER! I make him nurse still at least 3-4 times a day, but we give him a bottle after. My guess is that I am not producing enough milk so he is still hungry...poor guy just loves his food! So we are doing what is best for us! I am trying to pump, but he also takes formula just fine. I cannot believe he will be 6 months old in just a few days! He is so sweet and a totally daddy's, I mean it! His face lights up whenever he sees Derek!
October is so close! I am soooo excited....It is the start of holiday season...Halloween...Thanksgiving...Christmas...New Years...such a fabulous part of the year. I am super excited to get all of my Halloween decorations out, I am also going to make a new wreath this weekend! Well....I have rambled enough...hopefully I will blog again soon...but if life happens and I am busy then so be it (that just means life is exciting)!!!
P.S. Sully now how one bottom tooth...FINALLY, it has been on the verge for about a month now...and his other bottom one should poke through any day now!
Benny and Maxxy watching the hot air balloons take off!

So cool!

Look at those eyes!!!!

Daddy showed up after working for 10 hours! What a good Daddy!

Seriously....does it get more precious???

So pretty!



  1. Love it. Ben is so beautiful :) I miss seeing you as much as we were when dad first went in the hospital!!! But, of course, glad we're not there anymore.


  2. I hope your dad is healing quickly! The boys are so cute in these pictures.