Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter 2011

After the day I had (Benjamin is getting his 2 year old molars, I think, and has been cranky, clingy and in pain all day long) it is nice to do a post to remind of of the wonderful week/weekend that we had.
This week Ben had his friend Max over to dye Easter eggs. The boys had so much fun!!! They ate pizza and chased eachother around the house with buckets on their heads. Silly Boys!


This easter was super fun. Benjamin is at a great age for egg hunting, and it was so much fun watching him run across the yard yelling "eggs, eggs" so cute! Sullivan was perfect all day long, even though he was passed around to everyone at Derek's grandma's house, he didn't cry and I think he enjoyed the extra attention.
The morning started with Benjamin discovering that the Easter Bunny had left him a basket in his room during the night. I do not have pictures, because, well no excuse, I just didn't take pictures! I know, I am horrible. After that we got ready and went to Nina's and Papa's house for brunch. Here he had one of two Easter egg hunts. Benjamin ate a ton of candy and took only a one hour nap before it was time to go to Derek's grandma's house.


There were 8 kids total, 7 of which could participate in egg hunt number two. Again adorable to watch! Then we ate dinner at went home and conked out! We were all asleep in bed by 8 pm!! It was a fun day, but Ben had a runny nose...and when he woke up today it was bad news! He was crying and saying "owie" all day. I discovered that he is getting his two year molars. They must really hurt, because Ben never cared when any of his other teeth came in, but he was a different boy today. He was cranky, clingy and truly in pain all day long. I am hoping this only lasts for a short while because I hate seeing my pumpkin in pain. At one point this evening all three of us...me, Benjamin and Sullivan were all crying! (Derek was at work) Yikes is right, not fun. My first time being overwhelmed since Sullivan was born. It was not my proudest moment, but hey I am human. The night ended better with Benjamin falling asleep in my arms, which he hasn't done in about a year, and sullivan asleep in my lap. Precious!
Oh, and here are a few pictures from Ben and Sully's first photo session together.

1 comment:

  1. It's always good to remind yourself of the good when you go through days like yesterday. You did great. You wouldn't be human if you didn't melt down after a day like yesterday.
    You did the best thing by just holding Benjamin and loving him.

    ReplyDelete