Monday, August 15, 2011

ha..

Already I have fallen behind on my blogging....it has been much harder trying to blog everyday than I thought it would be! We have of course been busy over here, when are we not busy with a two year old and a 4 month old....but we have been trying to squeeze a lot of activities into our last week of summer before I go back to work. Last weekend I took the boys to the coast with the in-laws. Benjamin was testing me the WHOLE trip, luckily Sully was an angel...but we had a great time overall! Benjamin has started hitting....I honestly do not think he does it to hurt people, but he does it when he gets excited or when he just takes rough housing too far. (I know I sound like every parent...) We have been working with him and we go through several time outs a day because of it. Any other suggestions or did your 2 year old go through this??? After that weekend we spent the week hanging with daddy and going to the park, running errands and playing in the pool!
Sully is now 4 months old. Really, my newborn is not a newborn....I really can't believe it. Before we know it we will be feeding him solid food, he will be crawling...then he will turn 1!!!!!!!!!! That is just not cool...time needs to stop! But for now he is....
-Playing with his toys
-Sitting in his bumbo
-Interacting with Benjamin
-Screaming/talking
-Belly laughing
-Turning onto his side, but not rolling over
-While on his tummy he can scoot himself
-Eating every 3 hours
-Just started waking up 2 times during the night to eat again...not okay!!!
-Wearing 9 month clothing
-Weighs 18.2 lbs.
-Is 25 1/4 in. in length
-And of course becoming more handsome every day!
OH I ALMOST FORGOT!!!! Derek and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary on August 8th! We went out to dinner the Thursday before...Lauren and Alex babysat the kiddos and did a great job. Derek and I went to Tahoe Joes and then to a movies. We had a wonderful time reconnecting. Oh, and Derek got me the MOST BEAUTIFUL flowers I have ever seen...seriosuly! On slightly less positive news...I have to have my Gall Bladder removed....which stinks, but I am glad I will never have another attack from Gallstones....those things hurt crazy bad. I would rather give birth 1,000 times over again...and I have given birth to a 9 pounder...ha. I will have it removed on September 1st...which isn't ideal timing since I am a teacher and school will only have been in session for 1 1/2 weeks...but it is necessary!
P.S. SHOUT OUT TO MY FAVORITE ENGAGED COUPLE, LAUREN AND ALEX, WHO WILL BE MOVING INTO THEIR FIRST HOUSE THIS WEEKEND!!! SO PROUD OF YOU GUYS AND SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!





             7 Years!




1 comment: