Monday, June 25, 2012

Me....

        Hi everyone! My name is Mary and I am a wife to my super awesome hubby Derek and a mom to the two coolest boys in town, Benjamin (3 in 5 days) and Sullivan (just turned one in April). My boys are 22 months apart and I LOVE them being so close in age. They are best friends and I love watching them play with each other. We plan to have one more child in the near future (like get preggers within a year), and while I would love to have a girl and pray that I do have one some day...my boys are so fun that I just can't help but think it would be super fun, and crazy, to have 3 boys. I like the idea of being the only lady in the house...lol!
         I am a teacher for the local public school district here. I love teaching and I feel as though it is God's calling on my life. I teach at a title 1 school, which means the school I teach at is majority low income. I love where I teach and I am super excited for the upcoming school year. Teaching is the BEST job to have when you are a mom. You get all holidays off, all weekends off and all summer off, plus the teaching community is very understanding and supportive when you need to take days off to do mommy stuff! Being a teacher has been such a blessing. My husband is a police officer. He LOVES his job...it is hard being a wife of a police officer. I know every time my husband leaves for work he is at risk of being hurt, and that is not fun to deal with and I am home every night by myself, which is also not fun to deal with. But, I trust him and his decision making and we pray for him every night that he will be safe and come home to us in the morning.
                                   We are BIG Giants (baseball) fans, and try to go to a couple games a year!
                     My husband's family has a beach house so we are there quite a bit throughout the year.

      We both love where we live, in the Central Valley of California, and we want to make a difference in our community. I can't imagine living anywhere else. This is where we were raised, this is where our families are, this is where our friends are and this is where we want to raise our family. It is a great place to raise kids and we are lucky that we both have jobs here and can stay here. I hope you leave a comment and I will make sure to visit your blog too!

12 comments:

  1. I'm visiting your blog from Jenna's Journey! I'm also a police officers wife, so i'm right there with you =) I look forward to following you!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! your little ones are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming over! I'm over from Jenna's too! We loveeeee baseball! And are huge Orioles fans! My babes are close in age too! 15 months! And it's crazzy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You live in California! I'm so jealous. I've never been, but I've always wanted to visit there. I'm stopping by from Jenna's Journey. Thanks for stopping in at my blog, too! What grade do you teach? I used to teach at a Title 1 school. It can be hard, but you are right. Teaching is a wonderful job for mommies! =)

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the commenting challenge. Nice to "meet" you!! I have never been to California, but would love to visit someday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from the valley, too! We love that it's so close to everywhere we could want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. visiting from Jenna's blog! My boys are just under 24 months apart and we love it too. We're heading to San Diego in a week to visit family, I'm excited for some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys are adorable! I'm glad I found your blog (I'm here from Jenna's Journey).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I would love to give you potty training secrets, unfortunately, I have none!

    Bryce has used his potty three, yes, three times at home. He goes all.the.time at school, even #2. Ha!

    We are like you and have not pushed too much. It seems with every milestone and change he has just decided one day to satrt doing it, so we fisgure this will be no different.

    Now, check back when he is 3 1/2 and I will probably be singing a different tune. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I am visiting from Jenna's Journey. Your boys are super precious! I am a teacher as well, and I absolutely love my job! I'm glad to meet another teacher through this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I started following your blog and I'm looking forward to reading all about you and your cutie family. I've never been to California but would love to visit one day. And I agree - teaching has to be one of the best careers for a parent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you via Jenna's blog---I also have two boys (3 and 1) and know what you mean about having a wild and crazy house:) Looking forward to reading more!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete