Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mary Monday...

So I am going to have a theme for every week day from here out, this way it will force me to blog more often...hopefully. Mondays will be Mary Monday....I will simply blog about my thoughts on what is going on in my life. We will see how this works out.


    So, life with two kiddos has been an adjustment. It has been easier then I thought it wold be, but that by no means makes it easy. I am always tired...like ALWAYS! Today Derek and I were just laying in bed while the boys were taking a nap and I turned to him and said, "I don't know if I want more kids"...we have always said we wanted 3 children, but lately I am not so sure. As we discussed we decided that we want three kids for the future...like once they are older, but having 3 kids under the age of 5, just seems NUTS! I am pretty sure we will try for another...part of me just wants to go for it sooner rather than later so we can get his baby/toddler stage over and done with. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my boys and the stages they are at now, but it is a lot of diapers, a lot of mess, a lot of tantrums and not a lot of sleep...ha. As I am typing this I am realizing how horrible I sound...but hey I am allowed to feel like this from time to time...right?


(Even when they cry they are cute...I can't complain too much...ha)
  Next month will mark our 7 year wedding anniversary, I cannot believe that Derek and I have been married for almost 7 years, CRAZY! We got married when I was 18 and he was 20, I know...But, when you know who you are going to marry you just know. A lot of people doubted our relationship, but we have 100% proved them wrong. That is not to say we don't have our ups and downs, we do, but we have a very down to earth perspective of how marriage works...you have to work at it, and it isn't always perfect. Anyone who says they have the perfect marriage is LYING! We try to be realistic and honest about our relationship with ourselves and with the people around us. Sometimes Derek drives me nuts, but man I love him!!! I am not sure how we will celebrate our anniversary, my guess is dinner and a bottle of wine...or 2, ha. We don't really do the whole present thing, maybe a little something and a sweet card.
   Since we will probably be in our house for a few more years I have decided that I need to do some more decorating. I have one wall in our family room that is empty...it is a weird wall and I am not sure what to do. I am thinking of hanging large pictures of the boys in a row, then put up one of those wall decals with some family saying above them...That is really the only thing that I think will look good to fill that space. Once I get the living room finished I will move into our bedroom. We have not decorated our bedroom at all!!! Mainly because nobody goes in there except us, so why spend the money, but I think it is time....Right now the boys are in their own rooms. Ben's room is a nautical theme, and Sully's room is a cowboy theme. I think that in a couple of months, once Sully is truly sleeping through the night, I am going to move the boys into the smaller room and use the larger room as a playroom. This will help keep the house clean and will help with the noise level while Derek tries to sleep. (Derek is a Police Officer and gets off work at 7am, so he sleeps during the day)We will see how that works.
   That's enough of me rambling on and on about...well, myself...tomorrow will be Timeless Tuesday...I will reflect on one moment that week that was special to me.
Have a great week!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment